As the weather grows increasingly colder, a comforting cup of chai is just what the doctor ordered. Pair these sweet and spicy muffins with your favorite tea for a festive treat.
Recipe by Nicole Martin of Tea For Me Please.
Makes approximately 12 muffins
- Approximately 2 teaspoons of Brew Lab Tea Coco Chai blend
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 stick of butter
1. Simmer tea in cup of milk for 5 minutes. Keep the flame low to avoid scalding the milk. Pour into heat safe container and set aside to cool.
2. In a large bowl combine flour, salt and baking powder
3. In a separate bowl, beat eggs then add sugar and vanilla. Strain tea and add the milk to this mixture.
4. Melt 1/2 stick of butter in microwave, let it cool but don’t allow it to solidify
5. Line muffin tin with paper liners
6. Very slowly add melted butter to the egg mixture.
7. Mix wet ingredients into the flour mixture, stirring only until just combined
8. Spoon batter into muffin liners
9. Top with optional cinnamon streusel (see recipe below)
10. Bake in pre-heated oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes
Store in an airtight container. These will keep for 3 to 4 days.