The second OWL Recipe, designed by Nicole Martin of Tea For Me Please, is perfect for an afternoon weekend baking project. This basic sugar cookie recipe is kicked up a notch with tea infused butter. Our kid-friendly Honey Bear blend adds a touch of creamy caramel flavor and is delicious to sip along with these sweet treats.
Makes approximately 5 dozen cookies
Approximately 4 teaspoons of The Tealogist Honey Bear blend
1 1/4 cup of butter
1 cup of sugar
2 tablespoons of milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla
2 1/2 cups of flour
1 teaspoon of salt
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1. Place butter and tea in a small sauce pan.
2. Melt butter completely a let simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Use a fine mesh strainer to separate the leaves from the butter and discard them.
4. Place butter in refrigerator until it becomes solid again.
5. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Beat eggs and add them to the mixture.
6. Add milk, vanilla, salt and baking powder. Make sure everything is mixed thoroughly.
7. Slowly add flour and stir until a loose dough is formed.
8. Refrigerate dough for at least 1 hour
9. Working in small batches, hand form dough into shapes. If you wish to use a cookie cutter, roll the dough between pieces of parchment paper. You must work quickly as the dough will become sticky if it gets too warm.
10. Place shapes on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
11. Bake in pre-heated oven at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until the edges begin to brown.
12. Enjoy your tasty cookies with a cup of Honey Bear!